Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Joy Dare: Day 1

January 1st, 2013

My journey in counting 1000 gifts in the year 2013 has begun.

Ever since I've picked up One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, I always knew that I wanted to make a list of 1000 gifts, but I didn't know how I was going to go about it.  I receive Ann Voskamp's daily blog posts from her website each day and last night she posted she was going to have the Joy Dare again for 2013 and the first thing I thought was I was definitely going to do it.  And so here it all begins...

Gift #1: Starting a fresh new year of counting 1000 blessings.

Gift #2: Worshipping God through music on my morning run today.

Gift #3: Running in a nice cool crisp air with many of civilization still asleep this morning.













Gift #4: Opening up a fresh new 365 day calendar from the box.











Gift #5: Watching several college football bowl games with my brother.

Gift #6: The sun shining bright in the skies on New Year's Day after a morning of overcast skies.











Gift #7: "All you can eat" homemade pho.  Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment