Monday, January 7, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Today in church, the congregation sang a hymn called, "Count Your Blessings."  When I began to sing the lyrics, all I could do was smile because the words said that we need to count all of our many blessings, each one by one.  I took the challenge to count 1000 gifts, and this song was a true blessing in itself.  I am joyful in all that my eyes have seen this week and I feel that this song was an encouragement from God to keep pursuing on in my searching of gratitude to Him.

Here are my gifts from today.

Gift #32: The Sun making shadows through the blinds as I do my morning devotions.












Gift #33: Hearing the heartfelt prayers of the children in Sunday School.

Gift #34: Singing "Count Your Blessings," in Vietnamese and English during church service.












Gift #35: Partaking in the Lord's Communion. Christ's ultimate gratitude example for us.

Gift #36: In my bag- Chapstick and my Ray Bans sunglasses.

Gift #37: In my fridge- pigs in a blanket!

Gift #38: In my heart- the joy I feel when I sing and worship to my Abba.

"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost.
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Count your blessings; name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done."

No comments:

Post a Comment