Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reflection

Yes it's been awhile since I last posted, but I feel this is a great time to share the blessings and experiences I have gone through the past few weeks.  I had such a crazy fall semester (when I mean crazy I mean good, but very busy) that I didn't get to reflect on it until my recent winter break.  I really feel that this winter break has been one of my best because God taught me so much.  I was able to rest a lot, go at my own pace, and be kind of unpredictable in my agenda for that particular day.  I was able to spend a lot of time with my parents and brother eating some delicious foods as well as have some long and deep conversations.  I am truly blessed to have a family that enjoys sitting around the dinner table and talk for hours.  I was able to see some of my high school friends as well and catch up on life.  I got to watch a lot of college football, basketball, soccer, and so on as well as read quite a few books.  Besides spending a significant amount of time with my family and friends, I spent a great amount of time with my Abba.  I read a book over the break by Francis Chan called Forgotten God, and the Holy Spirit came alive to me.  I really felt his presence and recognized all the moments he was either with me or guided me throughout this past semester.  I always had a general understanding of the Holy Spirit and the importance he has in my life, but as I read through the book, I gained more knowledge of how vital the Holy Spirit is in all aspects of my life and how He calls me to walk in step with Him day by day, not just for the future.  I have felt a peace within my heart that encourages me to continue to be faithful to Christ and know that He has the best outcomes for my life.  I do have many questions and concerns on the direction God is leading me for the future, but He continues to remind me that He wants me to be obedient to Him by focusing on the now (this moment), while He takes care of the rest.  Each day as I read His word and soak it in, I know that His promises are true.  I am so thankful to have a Heavenly Father that is for me and desires me to seek Him more.  One commitment I made for this year was to keep my personal time with Christ consistent.  I understand that when I head back to school, I will be on a busy schedule with classes, training, and work, but I can't allow that be an excuse to spend less time with Christ.  In essence, I need to spend more time with Him.  The word that I had for the beginning of the school year was perseverance and it continues to be so.  Perseverance not only when I'm physically tired, but also when I am emotionally tired as well.  I have taken up my studies in the Word by following the journey of Apostle Paul and his ministry.  I just started in Acts, but I am so excited to read further on into the books he wrote.  I leave this break well rested and fueled with the Holy Spirit.  I ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers as I continue to walk deeper with Christ and to remain consistent in my time with Him.  Please also pray as I begin my spring semester, that God will give me a clear mind to study hard and learn more as well as guide me in being a light for my community.  Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you ever have any prayer requests I am more then welcome to listen.  


Blessings, Esther

1 comment:

  1. there is no doubt in my mind that God will give you the guidance to be a light for Him this semester and every semester to follow.
    you are such a soldier Esther!!

    ReplyDelete