Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Offseason

This past Monday was my 1st offseason training session.  I had some butterflies in my stomach because this was my first official offseason training session at a collegiate level.  I also had a fire of excitement flowing through my body because I was looking forward to being pushed to the max.  Coach said to us that the offseason training would be conducted with a level mentality.  Day 1 was Level 1 and as each day went by, the intensity of the workout would increase.  I am happy to say that I got through my 1st training session.  It was tough, but I am thankful for my teammates that cheered me on as well as push me to complete each task to the best of my ability.  This evening we had team devotions.  I personally was excited for team devos because this would be a special time for just me and my teammates to talk, pray, and encourage one another.  So often we spend time with each other in practice, in games, or other team related activities, that we sometimes forget to value the off the field moments with each other.  I definitely learned more about my teammates this evening on a personal level and it sure humbled me more to continue to uplift my teammates in my prayers.  We all have our own stories that are ready to be shared and listened to.  God revealed to me again tonight what was one of my purposes to being on this team and how I can use my relationship with Christ to continue to spread His light.  As I continue to train with my teammates on the field and spend time with them off the field, I pray that Christ will continue to strengthen my relationships with each one of my teammates as well as bring this team together in be a strong unit.  I know my team has great potential to go far this next season, but all the work begins now in the offseason.  God, continue to give me and my teammates perseverance so we may finish the race strong and glorify you!

No comments:

Post a Comment