Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let's Have Some S'mores!!

So last night I enjoyed hanging out with my Nyack family around a bonfire, talking, laughing, and making s'mores.  The night was kind of chilly, but the fire sure warmed all of us up.  The event was hosted by the Student Activities and it was fun seeing the Nyack family come together and enjoy some s'mores.  Whenever I'm around a bonfire and roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores, I feel that times are a changing.  The bonfire last night made me realize how I have only two more weeks left of school and that summer is around the corner.  I am exciting for the summer, but will greatly miss my family here at Nyack.  At other times I'll be around a bonfire towards the end of summer and that reminds me that summer is coming to an end and school is about to begin.  Bonfires are so much fun for me.  I love the smell of burning wood and smoke and feeling the warmth that comes from the flames.  And of course the s'mores are always the best with the marshmallows, melting chocolate, and graham crackers.  I'm so thankful that was able to enjoy last night with my Nyack family around a wonderful bonfire.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment