I love sports and whenever I get the opportunity to play I will.
For the spring semester, Nyack created intramuals for the student body to participate in. They had the option to either form a team for basketball or a team for soccer and they were also co-ed.
I didn't pass up this great opportunity and got a team together for both basketball and soccer. Games have begun and the competition has been high. In basketball I am the only girl on my team and pretty much the whole league, but that doesn't stop me from playing hard and giving the other guys some competition. I have faced guys that are much taller and bigger than me, but I continue to challenge myself by working on my ball-handling skills and shooting. Being the point guard for my team isn't easy and I do make mistakes, but in the end we're all having fun and playing hard. For soccer, I'm the only girl on my team as well. There are more girls playing soccer, so I get excited when I see other girls show their skills amongst the guys. My position in soccer is the goalie and it's both fun and challenging. Since we're playing with the official size soccer goals, I got to cover more ground. Some goals have gone in while others have not. I already got a few turf burns from diving for balls. Win or lose, I play the game to have fun with my teammates and to create friendly competition with the other players. I'm so glad that we got intramurals here, so people like me can enjoy playing the sport they love with others.
On a side note, I'm also glad the weather has been getting warmer so I can spend more time outside and also go running.
Take advantage of the spring weather and go for a walk. Not only will it be good for you, but you'll never know how God can speak to you through his beautiful creation!
No comments:
Post a Comment