Friday, December 3, 2010

Relationships at Nyack College

Relationships, a word that everyone wants to get the scoop from me. I see relationships as something much more than a dating relationship and uses the word to describe relationships I have made with friends, professors, and even Jesus Christ.

I am very thankful that the majority of my relationships with other people are really positive. I am a natural people's person so I tend to get along with them pretty well. My relationships with my friends here at Nyack are great. We share common interests and aspirations along with a strong belief in God. I enjoy it when I can sit down with one of my friends and just talk about everything from school, to parents, to quirky stories, to struggles, and to our spiritual walk with Christ. I know that the friends I have made here will be my closest friends once I leave here. I am thankful that I can be accountable to my friends and that they in turn will keep me accountable as well. This is just the beginning but I am so excited to see each one of my relationships with my friends grow and blossom.

My relationships with my professors and faculty are positive too. I admire how I can come to them and share any concerns or positive remarks with them. They are strong Christian people that truly live through their actions and words. My professors are more than teachers but my friends as well. They make me feel comfortable in class and excite me to learn new things each week.

As for guys, my relationship with them is the usual. I am not looking to be in a relationship anytime soon so I don't feel pressured to act a certain way around guys. They are my buddies and bros in Christ and I like to have a chill lax time with them talking about sports and other things and having a good time playing intramural soccer or basketball with them. I want them to recognize that who they see in me is what they will get. God has an amazing man for my life and I trust in him to lead me to him at the right time and moment. I want to bring honor and glory to my Creator and continue to seek him to help me grow as a godly young, beautiful, and strong woman.

My relationship with my parents and brother has always been pretty good. I have a strong bond with them and I am thankful that I have them in my life. Being so many miles away from them and not getting to see them in person has made me value them so much more and not take them for granted. I look forward to calling them during the week and Skyping with them on the weekends. They keep me grounded and I know that I can trust them whenever I need prayer, encouragement, advice, or the honest truth.

Lastly, my relationship with Christ. I have grown more and more each day and he is continuing to reveal His glory to me. I know that whenever everything else fails I have a god that truly loves me the way I am and will always be there for me. It is through the tough times when I have grown the closest with God and it has only made me a better person. I continue to pray and ask God to give me wisdom and to remind me that my life is His and that He is in control of it. I am proud to say I am loved by God and that he has brought me here to use my gifts and talents for Him.

Please continue to pray for each relationships I have created and formed with and that they will continue to grow and blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment