Monday, August 22, 2011

Preseason Soccer: Week 1

Hey Everybody!

Summer is over and I'm back in Nyack, New York for soccer preseason training.  This past week was a tough week, but I was able to push through my soreness of my body and tiredness to work hard.  This is my first time playing soccer competitively at any level so it has been a challenge.  I'm on the team training in the goalkeeper position and I've learned so much in just one week.  I've always played soccer for fun with pickup games or intramurals but when I was given the opportunity to play for Nyack, I couldn't pass experiencing something really special.  In our team training, I have gained newfound knowledge about the game of soccer and what's my role as a goalkeeper in a game.  I have been pushed, challenged, and encouraged by my coaches and teammates to reach my highest potential.  I have a long journey ahead of me in becoming a top performing goalkeeper and I've been taking it day by day and step by step.  Our team is filled with such great talent all over and in just a week, I've seen us come together as not just a team but a family.  I'm so excited for the journey this Lady Warriors team will take this season and watch all the blood, sweat, and tears we put on the practice fields transcend into quality performance in our games.  One week down with multiple two/three a days and we're pressing on.  Please continue to keep both my team and myself in your prayers as we begin this amazing journey together. 2 Timothy 1:7

When we are weak, He is strong.
~Esther
SOAR HIGH! Isaiah 40:28-31

                                 Me & my Lady Warriors teammates

No comments:

Post a Comment